Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chiefm_gw

Help with what floor to pick

ChiefM
10 years ago

Hello all! I have been doing a lot of research about flooring and can not decide which one I should decide on. Initially I really prefered a solid hardwood, but after reading up on it and researching it, I dont think that would be best for my home sense I am on a slab foundation. I was reading that solid hardwood is risky for a slab install. Also, I have a 4 year old boy and a 80 lb chocolate lab that can get excited while playing with my son as well as when people come up to the door. I am afraid that my floors will get ruined in no time with that combo.

I had a co-worker tell me about stranded bamboo and that is was supposed to be really hard because of how it is made. I have read a lot of things and some people love it and say it it really durable, and others say it is not good at all and wish they never went with bamboo.

I also came across cork floors and I have been leaning towards this option the most because of the good things I have seen written on it and I like the fact it can be put in bathrooms and kitchens and is soft under foot. Also, it is slab install friendly. Some downfalls, I still have to convince my wife she likes how it looks, and since I dont think many people get cork installed, I am not sure if my local flooring companies know enough about this product to make me feel good about having them install it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Comments (2)