Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Typhoon Bordeaux--need kitchen backsplash help

Posted by peach32 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 8:32

Hi! Just joined today. I have very light maple cabinets and the floor will be Costa Rican Walnut laminate. SS appliances (stove is black and SS). Wall color is Sherwin Williams 'Tea Chest.' (It's a dark brown w/peachy undertones). DR is SW "Portabello." I have narrowed it down to crackled subway tiles and have enjoyed the other discussions on here. Hampton 'Olive' is the absolute PERFECT color with TB but it clashes with my hall paint color which is SW 'Oyster Bay.' I feel my only other option is a cream but I'm afraid it will just blend right into the cabinets. Do I have enough other warm color going on in the kitchen to pull it off? I have undercabinet lights and will have 4 canned lights overhead. Thanks!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Remodel on Slide.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Typhoon Bordeaux--need kitchen backsplash help

Have you posted this on the kitchens forum? Lots of helpful advice there, including on backsplashes.

o

I have now! Thanks!

o

My first time posting on a blog so bear with me! We are about to launch an overhaul of our kitchen, laundry and powder room. Ordered ebony-colored cabinets (very, very dark with reddish undertones), typhoon bordeaux granite. Love the reds, oranges in the granite (and even subtle greens). Have been looking at crackle tiles in tans and creamy/whitish colors but not finding one I love. Has anyone used a stacked creamy natural stone? And, from the other end of the spectrum, has anyone pulled out the reddish color for the backsplash? Saw a great burgundy/wine color tile.

o

marieskit--I see you found the TB posts on the kitchen forum. Lots of help there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here