Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone seen 4x8 sheets of Travertine veneer?

Posted by onabalcony (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 20:54

When I lived in Phoenix AZ I saw an amazing product at a "Home Show" and now that I've moved across the country and really need to remodel a bath I can't recall the name of the product let alone the distributor. Hoping that someone here can help jog my brain. Anyhow, at first glance, the product "looked" like a 4'x8' sheet of travertine stone! Actually it was a veneer product. The honest to goodness travertine stone was probably 1/4" thick and was adhered to a sheet of aluminum (and perhaps other layers, idk) making the entire sheet lightweight enough to be handled by the homeowner. It sounds bizarre but the product was gorgeous with so many pluses, no grout lines, real stone, lightweight and great for the diy-er. I live in Northern VA now and have googled my fingers to the bone but am finding nothing for residential applications. Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions or leads!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone seen 4x8 sheets of Travertine veneer?

Ok, so I finally found the link below. It sounds much like what I saw at the Phoenix Home Show but without the 'honeycomb' feature. This company is in India but it's the only lead I've found so far...

Here is a link that might be useful: Metaltek

o
RE: Has anyone seen 4x8 sheets of Travertine veneer?

So, I googled "granite veneer" and got this among others:

Here is a link that might be useful: veneer

o
Here is another one

these seem cool. I'd be interested to see how they cost-compare to other alternatives--especially for water proofing.

Here is a link that might be useful: stonecladding

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here