Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White carrera subway tiles for backsplash behind stove?

Posted by Bethtrn (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 19:00

HELP!! I have chosen a blue pearl granite countertop for the kitchen. I have antique white cabinets. I have a kitchen island countertop that I want done in honed white carrera marble. I also want white carrera subway tiles for the backsplash above the blue pearl granite. Now, the problem: what should I use behind the stove?? I am afraid grease splatters would get all over the white marble. Could I change the "texture" and use a different tile directly in back of the stove? I do mot know what to do!!! Any suggestions? I am anxious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White carrera subway tiles for backsplash behind stove?

I've used Carrera on bathroom walls and floors. Even in that usage, it requires professional refinishing every few years. I would never use it in a working kitchen, let alone a backsplash unless you are particularly careful and willing to pay marble pros periodically.

o

Do a sheet of stainless.

o

#4 Satin Finish Stainless Steel would be my suggestion as well.

o

I have honed calacatta gold 4"x4" as a backsplash in my heavily working kitchen, and it's fine. Just don't be a slob, and don't fear everyday use and the minimal effects it has on the stone. If you search, you should be able to find my kitchen remodel on GW with pictures for reference. Good luck, and don't be afraid.

o

My island is honed carrera and I did polished subway carrera for my backsplash. I have had no issues with grease splatters. It wipes off very easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here