Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999_gw

Paint colors that go with exposed brick exterior?

kwb1999
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are getting ready to remodel our home. As you can see from the rendering, the current plan is to do a farmhouse style remodel, keeping our brick facade on the first-story. (The brick is weathered and rustic.) The second-floor and the rest of the first-floor would be white (some parts clapboard; some parts board and batten).

My questions:
1) Do you think the partial brick with white board and batten would look good? (I can't seem to find any real photos of this.)
2) What color could we paint our front door? (The scheme calls for stained front and garage doors; though, I think we'd go with paint grade.) I've seen nice brown and black doors with brick, but I do like bright, colorful front doors (turquoise, navy)? Might this work or would it be too much with the white and brick? Is a white garage door too much with a white house?
3) Should we just scrap the brick plan and do the whole house board and batten or shingles with a colorful door instead? (I've seen lots of examples of these and love them; can't decide if I'd like the brick even more or not!)

Thanks for your input!
Kate

Comments (3)