Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is an average cost of spraying knockdown texture?

Posted by katestem (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 14:01

Hi, my fiance and I just purchased our first home in Gainesville FL. we got it for a good price but the inside needed to be gutted. Now we are to the point of needing to get texture done on the interior. We got a quote for a knockdown texture and it was $1500.00 for a 1500 sq ft house (3 bed/2 bath). I just need to know if this is a reasonable price or not. Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is an average cost of spraying knockdown texture?

Are you sure that you want knock down? We decided not to get it. Find a house with it and check the line where the ceilings and walls meet and where the wall meets the trim. The paint line will never be straight with knock down.

o

Is knockdown texture popular in your area? Here (PNW ) orange peel is fairly common and I have two textures in my home. They did the ceiling in knockdown and the walls in orange peel.

I understand what southgeorgiamom is referring to, but I have crown molding in my home and have not found it that difficult to cut in a straight line when I painted. Of course, it all depends on how heavy the knockdown is!

Get two more quotes to get an idea of pricing for your area. I would also suggest you ask to see some of their work.

o

Doesn't sound bad price wise. Is the house empty? If not be warned it is a VERY messy job. I did mine myself with a hopper gun and probably $40 worth of mix.

Painting and cutting in is a bit tougher but if the knockdown is not too heavy the lines are ok. I'm in CA, KD is pretty common out here.

o

Does the above quoted price include prime and paint of the ceiling?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here