Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry / Furnace Area Update

Posted by mundo (My Page) on
Tue, May 18, 10 at 9:18

Hi all,

We have an area, that is kind of part of the basement, kind of part of the garage, that houses our furnace, water heater and washer/dryer.
The walls are painted brick and the floor is concrete.
It's in desperate need of redecorating, but I'm not sure what to do with the walls. Adding drywall will be difficlut as I have so many electrical, ventilation, duct and water pipes. And just re-painting it wont look nice.
On the floor I will be using an epoxy paint (normally used in garages). Thought about using this for the walls but doubt it will adhere without running down the wall!
Any suggestions?
Thank You.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laundry from entrance and end

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry / Furnace Area Update

Try posting this in the decorating forum. There are some creative folks there.

o
RE: Laundry / Furnace Area Update

give bright white paint a chance. i'd remove all the old shelving and add new. give it an industral look and paint the ceiling another color. once you refresh the walls, add new storage units, a hanging rack, it will be fine.

be sure to clean your dryer vent and make sure it's approved metal.

what's the hanger on? hope it's not a pipe or electrical line...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here