Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njhm_gw

Need help asap with diagnosing new roof problem.

NJHM
12 years ago

We installed a new roof in September 2011. The house is under renovation. The roof is very high off the ground in an urban neighborhood, so it is very difficult to see the roof from the ground. What little we can see looks fine. Two days ago one of our tradesmen had to go onto the roof for a few minutes and he came back and reported that there were at least 5 or 6 blown off singles on the roof in a location that was not visible from the ground. He took the pictures which I am having difficulty posting here. The shingles look like they have not sealed and flipped backward and some off them are breaking off at the fold where it flipped over. Upon closer inspection the rest of the roof is not sitting flat either. Does anyone know what the problem might be (Installation versus material)? Do we need to replace the entire roof along with the decking? If it looks this bad after 6 months of installation how long will this roof last? What are my options?

I hope this link works so you can see pictures.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9510270013/a=117432169_117432169/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roof Photos

Comments (5)