Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Unique, Artsy Wood Entry Door

Posted by gw92037 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 13:13

We're looking to replace our very standard-looking front door (36x80") with something more interesting looking. Local big box hardware stores have offer wood entry doors but they all look very standard, not to mention very expensive. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a unique, artsy wood entry door somewhere? It doesn't have to be one-of-a-kind.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Unique, Artsy Wood Entry Door

Look in architectural salvage places. Places like that will have several very different doors.

o
RE: Looking for Unique, Artsy Wood Entry Door

Crestview Doors?
I am not sure if you mean unique modern or unique antique. The Crestview doors are fairly reasonable, not totally custom, not totally expensive and have things in their designs that make them more interesting. But they are more of a modern tilt--mid cent modern.

o
Looking for Unique, Artsy Wood Entry Door

I just installed the "Carlysle" from Crestview Doors. I LOVE it. I have a house that was built in 1981 but it's in the style of MCM. However, CDoors would look good with ranch or many post WWII homes. I love my door. Check out their website.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here