Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remodel colors

Posted by Fynite (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:51

We just bought a pretty little Streng home (Mid-century modern) and we want to make it look nice, but also keep some of the uniqueness and flare of the home. So here are some of the colors we are running through the house. (All colors picked by my wife, so she gets all the credit)

The public areas are all vibrant and warm. As she says "I like to feel like I'm awash in light" The house has great natural light, that just hits these walls and gives them a radiant glow.

Family Room

(The hearth will be black, it hasn't been painted yet)

The private rooms are calmer, with blues and greens, more for relaxing. This is the Master Bathroom (the trims aren't done on the rest.)

Our daughter's room is designed to just be fun. She has green rolling hills with a blue sky above. (The edges aren't finished yet, but you get the idea.) We are going to be adding alphabet animal wall decals.

Edited to fix links

This post was edited by Fynite on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:57

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remodel colors

Wow -- those are some bright colors! Kudos for your bold choices. Very happy house.

o
RE: Remodel colors

Thanks, I'll try to post some more pictures once the tide of moving boxes drops below the level of my sanity. But the quick summary is it came out really nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here