Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has any used True North Cedar products? Trouble getting order

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 23:52

Hello,

I mostly post on Kitchens and occas. on baths but I have a potential problem arising and thought I 'd ask if anyone here has ever ordered cedar products from True North Cedar out of Minnesota? We ordered back in Dec. and was told it would be a couple months until the order could be filled (apparently 12' cedar lumber is hard to get?) but I've had to email the guy 3 times now to find out the status and each time he says he'll get back to me and hasn't once done so. This morning I received an email response to my last inquiry saying he'd get back to me 'later today', which has come and gone. I'm starting to get a bit irritated and nervous about this company and this particular owner.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this company?

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: cedar company website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has any used True North Cedar products? Trouble getting orde

Ohh man it's funny you say that, I am in the process of buying cedAr shingles right now, I actually just posted on the new home building forum. I spoke with this guy at true north an found him totally unprofessional. He kept making comments you must be rich blah blah and so on us he quoted me an outrageous price. If you need a good contact for cedar let me know.

o

We are also planning to shingle our house with white cedar and were thinking of using True North. Can you tell me who your good contact for cedar is?

o

Our cedar finally came last spring after multiple calls and emails. It looks to be good stuff but I'm not sure I'd go with them again due to the hassle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here