Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marjen_gw

Caught between remodeling and building new.

marjen
11 years ago

Is anyone else in the same boat? We built our current house around 13 years ago. I figured it was a place we would be in for 5-10 years MAX and we would sell and build another house. We did try and sell a couple times over the years, both times pulled it off the market for various reasons. During both of those times we underwent some remodeling projects.

So here I sit again, itching to build one more house. But also torn. Can we afford it? Will this house sell this time? Where will we live while we build? Is it worth the stress? What do I really hate about this house?

We have two kids, 12 and 14, so putting house on market and building and the time involved is a concern. Hard to keep house spotless with such busy lives. So my wife is real worried about ths stress of the entire project which would take at least a year.

Last remodel we redid the kitchen and turned garage into a family/dining room. I love both spaces. This winter we remodeled the kids bathroom and finally got it right. But, I really hate our yard, I would like a garage, i would like a house without cathedral ceilings. Things I can not easier change here. I also just love designing and have a plan I drew up 3 years ago when we were going to build that i still like the majority off. I just cant decide if its really worth it. Or do I keep chipping away I things I dont like here? Seems kind of pointless as I dont think any more changes will bring in long term profits.

Comments (4)