Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azjenny

Door hardware dilemma

azjenny
10 years ago

I am remodeling (completely) a 50s ranch. All new doors and windows.
I have decided to go with Marvin Integrity for both the windows and exterior doors, in bronze and am having a hard time with my hardware selection.
Here is my problem.
I was going to go with Emtek Brass Helios levers for the interior doors in the flat black finish, and was excited to find out that Integrity will do the Helios levers on the patio doors as well, with their multi-point locking system.
The problem is that the multi-point lock doesn't come in flat black in the brass line. It does in the sand cast bronze, but that is a different feeling finish.
So my options are:
- I could do black on the interior doors, with oil rubbed bronze on the exterior, but it would rub off and I would have copper (which I don't like) and which would be especially bad on french doors where one is used and one is not.
- Black interior door hardware, with flat black sand cast bronze exterior door hardware, but that finish is different, much more rustic and not smooth, and may rub off too, I'm not sure.
- Black interior door hardware, with medium bronze sand cast bronze exterior door hardware. That finish seems to be more smooth than the flat black finish for some reason, and might blend in with the door color? But would it rub off? At least it would be a more gold-y color underneath, rather than copper, which I prefer.
- Black interior door hardware, with stainless exterior (or satin nickel) door hardware. Not sure about how that would look. And would I have to do the window hardware that color too? I have it in ORB right now.

So sorry this is so confusing but you can tell I'm very confused myself!

Thanks to anyone who read this all the way to the bottom!

The link will take you to the Helios lever, and you can find any of the other things I was talking about that on that website too if you want to look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emtek Helios