Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heating and cooling a room addition

Posted by wyosue (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 08 at 18:22

Right now we have propane for heat and central air but where I want to add my new sewing room it will not be easy to tie in to the present system and the existing system might not be large enough. What would be the best way to heat and cool my new room? I was thinking about the heating in the floor but don't know if that would be enough. Also, I do not want a window type air conditioner. The room is supposed to be 20 feet by 30 feet--at least that is what I want. I would appreciate any help with this.
Thanks,
Sue in Wyoming

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heating and cooling a room addition

Why don't you ask the contractor about the possibilities?
You could use a split systen A/C for the room. It would require a compressor outside and a wall hung unit inside. Heat could be electric baseboard, electric radiant, separate oil fired boiler for hotwater baseboard or hot water radiant heat. You could also use a geothermal heat pump. Solar?
On the addition over the garage were going with a separate wall hung gas boiler for heat.
Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here