Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Radiant Flooring under hardwood floors in kitchen

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 17:06

We are looking to remodel kitchen and I want to have wood floors. I would really like to have radiant flooring. Can radiant flooring be installed under wood floors???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Radiant Flooring under hardwood floors in kitchen

This may help answer your question...

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood over radiant heat

o

Check out www.wideplankflooring.com They provide good info. We just installed radiant heat under pine boards ranging from 4 - 12 inches wide. All the info on the web advises against doing so, however we talked with people who have done it with no troubles. We are keeping our water temp. around 100 degrees. I think some of the horror stories probably had very hot water flowing through, like 180 degrees. The newer radiant heat systems run cooler water. The floors have been installed for 2 months now, the heat feels great and I haven't seen any signs of cupping, etc.

o

Sure you can. The best products are stuff like Warmboard. It allows you to put a subfloor down and then put any wood you would like right over the radiant subflooring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Warmboard

o

My in-laws have radiant under wood. It's so nice in their freezing winters. They have a basement, which made it much easier to install the radiant system than it would be otherwise.

o

I have hydronic radiant under hardwood in about 95% of my house. The entry, kid's bath, and laundry are tiled.

Works better than fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here