Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Ceiling Tile Type

andrelaplume2
10 years ago

We are replacing about 330 sq ft of tile in my wife's rented beauty shop. The tile there has gotten dirty and looks to have a sagged a bit over the years. It was replaced 10 years ago so we are not complaining.

The same tile seems to be available at HD for .52 sq foot. They also have a nicer looking 2 x 4 tile...I think its #922 armstrong. It says its sag resistent, mold resistent and it just looks nicer. It is .58 sq ft so its not much of a price difference. My only concern is if the discontiue this line down the road and we need a replacement.

Armstrong also has a sag resitant / humidity resistant fiberglass tile. It does not look as nice but they are a lot lighter in weigh and look to be simpler to cu and work with. They are .78 sq ft so it would cost us about $65 more than the others.

Is there a benefit to the fiberglass? If so, what is it? If tehre were a slight leak or simething from over head, is it more likely to seep thru the tile and leave a mark or less...we have never had a leak but who knows.

Thoughts?

Also, we will be paiting the grid before putting in the new tile. I can use canned spray paint or just roll it after the grid is cleaned. Anyone ever do this? Which is the easier path? Another suggestion was to pick a color duct tape and wrap the grid...sound like a lot of work to me....but maybe this is the new thing?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County