Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oven Help in Kitchen Remodel

Posted by alarkin15 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 10:24

Hi everyone! I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and these forums have been SO useful. We're doing Ikea Adel cabs, and while on the Ikea site I ran across the Praktfull oven, which after doing research found is a pared-down version of the Fratelli Oniri. This is exactly the look I was searching for, but my husband (who truth be told, does most of the cooking) will not agree to a convection oven. Does anyone know of a conventional oven with this same aesthetic? Trying not to break the bank, but I'm open to suggestions. If this isn't the right place for this post, just let me know. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oven Help in Kitchen Remodel

Post this in the appliances forum and you'll get a TON of advice.

BTW, why is he opposed to convection ovens? Generally they're considered more desirable than non-convection ovens. Is it just that he's never used one and doesn't want to change what he's used to? I wonder if reading up a bit more on them might change his mind.

If you want to shop in addition to getting advice, go to AJ Madison, click on "Cooking" and then "Gas ranges," and then on the left-hand side, read down until you see "Convection" and then click "No." That will show you over 150 ranges, from cheeeeap to very expensive, that do not have convection. In higher-end ranges it is harder to find non-convection ovens--like I said, it's considered desirable by most.

I'll put a link below but if it doesn't work, just follow the above instructions. If you need a 36" like the Praktfull, there are only 14 of them available; if you're interested in a 30", there are 101 of them (and of those 101, 20 of them have five burners like the Praktfull instead of four--but on a 30" range five burners is a bit crowded).

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison.com - gas ranges without convection

o
RE: Oven Help in Kitchen Remodel

You can use a convection feature or not, as you choose convection or non-convection each time you cook. Does your husband know that?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here