Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmerswifey

custom cabinet nightmare

farmerswifey
10 years ago

I really need some advice. We are in the process of a kitchen remodel. When my custom cabinets were installed we noticed that the doors had tiny pinholes in them and the inside of the door was not stained the same as the outside. The doors and drawer fronts did not match the frame. After one home visit with the salesman to plead our case the owner of the company came a week later. He says that they do not stain the other side of the door the same because they focus on the front. The pinholes are made during their manufacturing process where the doors travel thru the factory on nail boards and the nails puncture the doors. He finally decided to remove all the cabinets to stain them to all match but says there is nothing they can do about the holes. I am furious! Am I wrong to expect uniform stain and cabinets without dozens of holes? I feel like we paid to get custom cabinets and ended up with something that is totally unacceptable. I am supposed to go to the cabinet shop and confirm that the color is fine but what do I say when they are still covered in pinholes? Thanks :)

Comments (4)