Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghneims_gw

Ideas for Exterior Colors & Redesign

ghneims
11 years ago

Hi

New to the forum, but already love it---such amazing generosity and creativity!

We live on a mountainside, had flooding problems which resulted in a total interior remodel. Now we are doing the exterior followed by the landscape (to prevent future flooding). I'm looking for any and all ideas for the exterior color scheme and design.

Our 1973 home was a split-entry/level but when we did the interior, we raised the entry and put up a temporary porch and walkway. We hate the mediterranean-ish yellow/cream color of the brick in a mountain setting and are considering staining it. We need to replace the pink-ish wood section above the garage with a siding, stucco, or something. In this photo, the solid pink-ish garage doors were open, so I just colored them in rather than take a current picture--we have three feet of snow outside! Of course, if I did you would be able to see how dirty yellow the brick looks in the white snow :).

Original gutters need replacement, they currently are a very faded brownish red. The windows are an almond color. The front door is almond as well but that's just because its new and unpainted/unstained. Current deck/porch extends beyond the roofline, so I have thought about a small pergola, or shortening it and putting up columns and header that would sit under the roofline.

Again, any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994