Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Minka Gyro Ceiling Fan - Anyone have one? (Pics, please!)

Posted by jen19083 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 19:42

I'm trying to pick a ceiling fan for this space:

The gyro fan is appealing to me (in s/s), but it's a definite "statement." None of the lighting stores I've been to have one in stock, so I haven't been able to see one in person. Do any GWs have it? If so, can you please post?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a pic before the new appliances were installed:

Photobucket

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minka Gyro Ceiling Fan - Anyone have one? (Pics, please!)

Hi,
I'm very satisfied with mine. It's a little more effort to de-grease it, because of the cages, but they come apart with tiny bolts.
decluttered
Casey

o
RE: Thanks!

Casey,

Yours looks great!

Thanks for posting.

Jen

o

Now I see that I did hit the submit button, just not where I thought I did! There's an extra pic over in Kitchens, where you x-posted.
Casey

o

Have it, love it. The rotational movement is separate from the spin of the fans, and on mine there's a small amount of noise as they rotate 'round each other.

It's something that gets a lot of attention from visitors.

Only real downside: the light takes a special halogen bulb that isn't going to be easy to find. I rarely use it for light anyway, but that *might* stear me away if it were the primary lightsource for the given room.

My nephew bought a house with two similar fans in the kid's rooms, and they spin stupid fast every time the fans are on: I couldn't live with the noise and motion of those. Have no idea what brand his are.

o

how tall are your ceilings? I have 9' ceilings but I was wondering if that was not quite tall enough for this fan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here