Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Estimated cost moving 4 lines- water, drain, electrical and gas

Posted by SDgirlygirl (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 17:07

Can someone please give me an idea on what it would cost to move four drain lines- water line, drain line, electrical, and gas- in a laundry room? Our laundry room is a long rectangle and the W/D is located in the front-half of the room. When you open the front loading washer and/or dryer it blocks entry into the back-half of the laundry room.

I would like to move the W/D hookups to the back-half of the laundry room so that the W/D does not bang into the laundry room door. However, because of the number of lines that will need to be moved, my husband is adamantly against this idea. He thinks it will be way too expensive and we should "just live with it." Easy for him to say since he's not the one doing the laundry!

What are guestimates on this cost? Laundry room is on the second floor and my home is located in San Diego.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Estimated cost moving 4 lines- water, drain, electrical and g

The biggest expense in this endeavor is probably going to be venting the drain line. Yeah, a bad supply line can cost you, but an improper vent can kill you.

There's really not enough information to answer your cost question.

o

Hi Trebruchet, thanks for responding. Couldn't we tie into the existing drain line since the hookups and lines only need to move a few feet along the same wall?

o

Why not call a plumber and get an estimate?

o

You really need to get estimates locally. Get at least three.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here