Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walnut trim, dark walls?

Posted by druidclark (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 6, 11 at 16:33

We're doing final trim in our new family room. It has a pine ceiling, chestnut beams, very large stone fireplace (sandstone)and will have wormy chestnut floors. We painted it SW Yearling, which is a dark caramel. I thought we'd do walnut trim b/c I wanted something that would have some color, but not too much texture, given the amount of texture in everything else. Now I'm rethinking it.

Trim in the rest of the house is off white (SW Dover) traditional trim. This room is a new add on, so if it's not matchy matchy, that's ok.

Anyone else out there use walnut trim? Thoughts/Pics?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walnut trim, dark walls?

It all depends on the overall feel that you're going for in that room and the design of the rest of the home. My first thought would be to trim it out the same as the rest of the house so that the rooms flow together and it not look like an add-on. But, I really have nothing to go on so what you're considering may look stunning!
As you can see in the link below, an all wood room can work when the other rooms are finished differently within the home.

A pic would help. Also, if you post on the Decorating Forum the members over there will be happy to give their opinion.

Here is a link that might be useful: example

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here