Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dms11

Backsplash for kitchen?? White cabinets & Giallo Napoli granite

dms11
10 years ago

I am getting granite countertops installed on Friday, and only have a few days to choose a backsplash that looks right with my kitchen.

My Cabinets: I have the original 13-year old builder-grade MDF white laminate cabinets that I cannot afford to replace right now. Down the road I want to reface the drawer/door fronts but my cabinets will remain white nonetheless.

My Granite-"Giallo Napoli": If you're not familiar with GN, the color is very similar to New Venecian Gold, and some Santa Cecilias. It has a honey/golden tone, with some white, taupe and black. I like the black in the granite since it goes well w/ my SS appliances. GN is also very busy looking to me so I definitely do not want a mosiac/multicolored backsplash.

Everything else: My kitchen flooring is a very warm honey oak. I have all stainless steel appliances and brushed nickel hardware and faucet. The undermount sink will be stainless too. Wall color is currently SW "Blonde" but may change to "Whole Wheat" later.

For now, I just need to figure out a backsplash that does not look out of place with my cabinets, but can be versatile in case I reface the doors.

So, today I found this porcelain tile backsplash and looks really neat -- but would this look right with my basic white cabinets and Giallo Napoli granite? The backsplash I found is porcelain, not natural stone, so a huge plus for me (easy to keep clean and no sealing!) - also, it does not require any grouting either since you literally stack it one on top of the other.

What do you think about this stacked "stone" tile being the backsplash? Any other suggestions?? What are your opinions on the color, gloss/finish, subway or square, etc?

***Granite sample next to the Medium Gray backsplash

***Granite sample next to backsplash in BOTH colors, the medium gray and black tile:

***Photo of my kitchen with the recessed lighting turned on (I definitely want to replace the current wood valence above the window with an arched valence):

***Here's a photo of my kitchen with lights off (natural afternoon light):

***Other side of kitchen:

***Same view, just closer up:

***Here's a photo of my Giallo Napoli granite sample:

And, lastly...
Here are some examples of the look this backsplash would create (the colors are not the same, but it's an idea anyway of this type of backsplash w/ white cabinets and granite):

Any input would be great. Thanks!

-D

This post was edited by dms11 on Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 8:20