Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint color help

Posted by Jules112 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 12:40

hi, I am putting an addition on my house that will be my new living room. It will be off the kitchen which is painted almond pastte. The old living room ( which will be the new dining room) and the hallway are also painted almond paste. the new living room will be informal and I wnat it to have a warm and cozy feel. My furntiture is a basic tan chenile. I love blue/grays but I am nervous that if I paint the walls that color it will be too cold. The new room will be 20 x 18. Any color suggestions for carpet and walls would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint color help

How much light does the room get? I had a navy blue room once and it didn't seem cold at all. I think light charcoal or slate blue can seem very warm& cozy if they are dark enough, and then if you have gold picture frames against it, that warms it up, too. I think lighter blues and grays can seem cold, but not so much with darker shades.

I have a large area rug in my family room that is a frisee texture in a kind of nutty color that we've been really happy with. I can take a picture and post it when I get home. It doesn't show dirt and has worn very well. Even if your furniture color kind of blended into it, maybe you could use some strong colors in pillows to break it up. One word of advice I have received before is that it is easier to pick paint after you have the rug than it is to find a rug after the room is painted!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here