Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AAW Doors? Is Beveled Glass Dated?

Posted by numbersjunkie (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 11:40

I've been searching for a reasonably priced front door with glass to let in more light. Found one I really like - but would love to know if anyone has experience with this manufacturer and also wondered if beveled glass is dated looking? My house is cedar in a contemporary style - here is the door I'm considering.

Here is a link that might be useful: AAW Door

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AAW Doors? Is Beveled Glass Dated?

That's certainly not what I was expecting when you wrote about a potentially dated beveled glass door. That door is so unusual I don't think it could ever be dated.

It's pretty fabulous. If it works with your house, how could you not get it? :)

(No idea about the manufacturer, but they sure take some lovely photos!)

o

I purchased 4 doors from this company. I waited 14 weeks ( I was quoted 10 weeks). The most expensive one cracked after having been installed for only a few days. The wood was not kiln dried as they have claimed, and also shrank so that it does not close. While we were finishing the wood, I noticed a hairline crack at a seam. I figured it would not be noticeable once it was stained and finished. But after it was hung it continued to spit. I notified the company immediately, including photos. They have refused to replace it. They have sited several different reasons, changing each time the previous one does not work.

o

I did see a door from them I liked, but we never ordered. The project was put on hold. So sorry about your experience with them. They will not get my business.

o

We had an experience similar to that of FineArtLover.

Mahogany doors cracked shortly afer installation. Company declined to do anything after sending a rep to take pictures (luckily, we're local to AAW). Poor quality control and poor service...for expensive doors. I'd obviously look elsewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here