Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Remodel - Tile Selection is hardest

Posted by winesnob (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 9:47

My remodel is into week two now, slab placed and roof trusses start today. And here I sit with no tile for bathroom, I have brought home no less that 10 different choices. Have any of you seen Walter Zanger Tribecca. For some reason I keep returning to Walter Zanger tiles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Remodel - Tile Selection is hardest

This tile is inferior and deteriorates in contact with water.
I would pick another tile.

o

Could you please tell me what you base this on. Do you have this tile in your home. I thought that Walter Zanger was a highly rated tile. This is my first and last renovation, I sure hate to get the tile wrong.

o

I don't have any experience with WZ Tribecca, but have had great luck with WZ tiles in general. Also, the sales person at the Walker Zanger store was very up front with me about which tiles would/would not be good in applications where they'd come in contact with water.

o

WZ tiles are GORGEOUS! I wish our reno budget could include them :)

Tile is a hard decision because it feels so final and sets the tone for the whole space. Have you considered using a basic field tile (white) and restricting the colorful accent tiles to one strip - like just below the chair rail for instance? If you do it that way then you know that in 10 years you could carefully remove the chair rail & accent tiles, use new ones, and have a whole different look.

I tend to be very conservative on permanent things (like tile) which is why I'm going with a simple black & white scheme. But the WZ tiles are definitely swoon-worthy :)

o

Good idea to bring home those tile samples and put them on your own floor and stare at them for a few days as light levels change through the day and into the night. Plus getting them away from all the other choices that cast their own colors.... It took me a very long time (you don't want to know) 3 counties and many many trips out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here