Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrzejewski_gw

Kitchen remodel - what color table/ chairs/ stools to buy

andrzejewski
12 years ago

Hi, we are just starting a remodel and probably doing things backwards. I'm in a panic because we purchased a kitchen/dining room table I'm not sure I like or will go (don't ask - husband was with me and getting tired of my indecision and sales person said we could change before accepting delivery). We also purchased white double stacked oven, warming tray, dishwasher, black island cooktop and stainless steel vent. The kitchen is very big and open. We are adding a wrap around counter with stools so it forms a U which will semi divide the dining space from the kitchen. I have turned my separate formal dining room into an office so the large dining section of the kitchen will take over as the dining room. �I don't �want anything real formal but no country ducks and gooses look either. Overall I would say we are country modern. What is staying in the kitchen is the floor which is a light grey, blue stone tile look (more grey), white trim woodwork and doors and honey oak cabinets w/ brushed nickel knobs (don't shoot me - I see so many people saying they are outdated and they hate them but I do like them for some reason. Plus I can't afford to change them out). What is changing: new granite countertops (not selected yet but looking for something dark with blue and veins - no speckles). Still havent decided on sink color but looking at porcelain �Ive seen some great advice on this forum so hoping someone would be willing to calm my nerves. Here are my questions: 1) is it going to look like a mishmash of colors with white, black and stainless steel appliances? 2) what wood color for kitchen table will go with the oak cabinets? Will the one we picked out tentatively work - it is light oak with maple inlays and dark brown vinyl seats (not really sure on the dark brown). Can I go darker on the table without clashing with cabinets? We were going to keep a few cabinets that are in the dining area and dress them up with some glass doors and a wine rack to eliminate need for a hutch or china cabinet. I want a table that can fit up to 10-12 for holidays. 3) do the counter stools (7 or 8) have to match the table? Should they match the cabinets? The granite? �My most favorite color schemes are deep blue (no baby or robin eggs blues) the light oak wood, white, grey and black. The wall color back splash are up for discussion too but Im leaning toward deep blue �My biggest fear is to spend all this money and have a hodge podge of colors and pieces. I will try to attach a picture of the space and potential new table if that helps. Thank you for any advice you can give that will get me to make a decision one way or another.�