Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
awp17

Insulation questions.

AWP17
12 years ago

So were about to break ground on a second floor addition. We have the windows picked out (simionton Storm Breaker Plus, mainly for the noise reduction) But now were on to what type of insulation to do. Im not really sold on spray foam insulation. Plus I would have to subcontract that out and have already done 8 change orders as it is im ready to just let my builder work. But I have been reading up and found that there is this type of insulation called denim/cotton insulation which is supposed to GREATLY reduce noise pollution. We are not by a freeway or anything, but we live in a fly zone for Oceana military base in VA beach, and they frequently fly over our house, at 9 p.m. when were sitting watching tv this can be very annoying. Im not dead set on this insulation and my main concern is noise,, while still providing a good Insulation value to keep things comfortable as well So if anybody has other suggestions im all ears! My biggest problem is I have no idea where to buy the stuff local. If anybody could advise me on all this that would be great. Thanks!