Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurie3440

Kitchen was gutted today!

Laurie76
11 years ago

The day has finally come -- the kitchen has been gutted!! Tomorrow we pick up the copper sink (single bowl) from Rachiele sinks in Apopka, Fl. We opted - after much soul & financial searching - for one of his smart sinks. First read about one on this forum. At the time I was simply curious how people felt about going to a single bowl sink from a double sink. I discovered a sink that is truly a work station. Dino and the staff REALLY worked with our budget. If you haven't looked at his website - you really need to. I've never seen any sink like it. Guaranteed for life!! We have very little counter space. We can see this sink giving us more working area. We also went for broke and bought the Waterstone faucet. Made in the USA and also guaranteed for life. If we move - the sink & faucet are coming with us!!

Cabinets are scheduled to be put in Monday & Tuesday. Then the big wait for the countertop. Meanwhile I have somebody that is interested in buying the old appliances. Just hoping everything looks nice when it's all said and done.

Our cabinet maker furnished us with "carts" to store our stuff on. They are great. They are about 6' x 4' with 5 shelves to store things on. They dropped 3 of these carts off on Friday so we could start clearing out the cabinets. Very useful to put frequently used items on one and seldom used items on the others. Then just roll them where ever you want them. Don't know why more cabinet makers don't offer this service.

If you're interested in a new sink be sure to either google "smart sinks" or Rachiele sinks. He makes them to order in copper or stainless. I'm so excited to finally bring it home tomorrow!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!