Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parks_gw

Is it hard to remove Azek? Should I insist?

parks
11 years ago

(I accidentally first posted this in the woodworking forum, so I'm reposting it here.)
We're re-siding our house with HardiPlank, but the sunroom section will have Azek-like trim around it. I told the contractor that, in keeping with the Craftsman-influenced new look of the house, I wanted a flat panel under the windows, (as in the picture below, which is not my house.) I was dismayed to come today and see that what he did was apply thin strips of molding to create boxes under each of the three window sections. I don't know what it's called, but if it were wainscot, it would be called "picture frame." Not only is it the wrong "look," it also looks cheap. My question is, how difficult is it to remove the thin strip of molding? And is this look, in the picture below, difficult to create? Is this a correction I should insist upon, or should I try to learn to live with it? (My windows are not bay like this; my windows are on a straight wall, but this is the same idea.) Advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)