Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jphillips_3_gw

Help me pick my floor!

jphillips_3
10 years ago

So, we are getting new cabinets -- the dark brown (chocolate color board) is the new cabinet color. Counters will be opalescence (black primary). The medium oak trim and door will stay. The walls will be a light gray. The backsplash is a mosaic with gray, brown, clear glass. Existing stainless steal appliances.
The style we are going to is classy/up scale yet also inviting/homey/WARM!

Last decision to make -- floor! I've waivered on this for months and we are down to the wire now!
The floor on the right has a matte finish with handscraped There is a slight bevel between the planks. The planks are random widths and lengths. It is a natural maple.
The one of the left is a "classic oak". There is textured feel to it. There is no real finish on it (or less than the other one). There is no bevel between planks.

Although I like the darker one on the right better, I am worried it appeares a little RED? Does anyone see that? Also, will crumbs, hair, dust, etc show up more on the darker?? And another scratches can happened on both, my worry is they will be more noticeable on the darker. Thoughts??

COLOR and STYLE wise... which do I go with??

Comment (1)