Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skrepka_gw

Closing off the arch way with door. What's involved?

skrepka
17 years ago

Hi everyone.

My first post on this forum. We will be moving into our first house this coming summer. The houses we saw so far that are our price range and the layout that we want have separate formal living rooms. These rooms are typically off of entry halway and have arch ways with partial walls sticking out on both sides (don't know how deep) and may or may not have columng framing the arch as well.

We would like to close of this potential living room and turn it into an office. I am thinking either pocket doors or french double doors. French doors though would have to swing out completely to get out of the way. We would like for this room to be able to function as a formal living room once we move on and need to sell later.

Would would be involved in doing this kind of work. What is a potential budget that this will require. We will be buying in the suburbs of Orlando if that helps. House will be 4/2, around 2,000 sq. ft., around $350K.

Is this something that may be attempted as a DIY? We are not handy, but my dad is. But he is 1200miles away.

Thanks in advance,

Skrepka

Comments (2)