Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodel -- thoughts?

Posted by balaskonis (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 19, 11 at 16:03

guys,

looking at buying a house, but it has a boxed in kitchen feel...here's a sketch of the floorplan of half the house...any ideas? especially with the load bearing wall? can't seem to think of anything but wanted to realize potential before making an offer.

thanks!
paul

http://stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=778714

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodel -- thoughts?

That is boxed in!

Hard to know scale, but I would get rid of the breakfast table area by the french doors and expand my kitchen out that way. Move your fridge and ovens over to that wall and get rid of the desk. Where the load-bearing wall is, replace it with a header or steel beam so you can lose that wall. I would probably do lower cabinets with a breakfast bar/stools either on the LR side or the DR side.

Good luck.

o
RE: Kitchen remodel -- Kitchen Refacing

I've found the video showing the detailed steps for refacing kitchen. In a modern kitchen Cabinet doors are the first thing to be noticed. The video tutorial by Cabinet Refacing to Go is of great help in refacing cabinets.

I hope the video will be helpful to you...

Regards :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Do it yourself cabinet refacing

o

I checked this video..Good one! Step-by-step instructions from professionals was a real help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Guidance on Cabinet Refacing- Video

o

Check out the kitchen forum on GW. Lots of people there doing kitchen renovations/remodeling, plus many who have recently done it & have lots of good advice.

A couple of the regulars on the forum do wonders with floorplans for kitchen renovation, plus tons of other great tips.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Forum

o

Refacing your cabinet is a great way of improving the image of your kitchen. You can also stain the doors and the spaces in between so that all look modern. You an get various kitchen renovation idea by visiting Kitchen Renovation Ideas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here