Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmh423

Questions- where to start

lmh423
10 years ago

I'll try to ask these questions without being too confusing.

We live in a 1920s smaller sized American four square home. We absolutely love our location and living in an older home. But our family is growing and we are pretty sure that while we COULD live in this house for another 20 years, we'd really not be comfortable unless we were able to make some changes.

Here's where questions come in. Financially we're not ready to do an addition for another 3 years at the earliest. But because houses in our neighborhood ( where we want to stay) rarely go on the market and when they do they sell in a day, I feel like I want to make sure the addition we are envisioning is even possible. Because if it isn't, we should probably give up on the idea of staying here and start looking into moving.

So my question - do we meet with builders now? Architects? I'd like to see actual design ideas if that's possible.

And finally, has anyone done a four square addition? What we would like up gain is a family room/kitchen open area and then on the second level a master bedroom/bath.

Thanks!

Comment (1)