Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a good price for a provia door?

Posted by berkeley223 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 12:17

I am replacing our front entry door with sidelights. We really want external grids (not internal) so to get them in the style of door we want in provia we need to get the signet model. We were quoted $6000 for the provia signet with external grids and two sidelights. Is this a good price?

Alternatively, for about $1000 less I could get a similar style door and sidelights from Millikin Millworks, which I can find little about online but based on one comment on this board they are nothing special.

Thoughts on the price of the provia and whether it's worth the extra $1000 to get the provia vs the Milliken?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a good price for a provia door?

I guess my view is not whether the Provia is worth $1000 more than the Millikin, but why you believe you have to spend $6000 to get this type of door. In my area I can guarantee that one can get a really fine door with sidelights for thousands less. How many bids have you gotten for the type of door you want? Is it some unusual size?

Just as a point of reference, take a look at what fiberglass doors with sidelights are going for on eBay:

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiberglass doors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here