Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
camg_gw

Help on a few tricky issues?

CamG
11 years ago

I'm finishing up a very long remodel of a 1975, 900 sf split entry. We hope to put the house on the market in the coming months. It will definitely be an entry-level house, but almost everything about the house is new or redone, so I don't want a few unfinished details to turn off buyers. Besides the issues below, I need to put another coat of paint on most of the walls and trim, but otherwise we should be very close.

At any rate, I've got a number of issues I don't know how to fix or what to do with:

1. Sliding door threshold
I can't find a transition piece wide enough to cover the seam to the door. The flooring is laminate. Should I put a thin strip of laminate against the door and then a transition piece between the two? If so, should I put any trim between the strip of laminate and the door?

2. Broken trim

I can't find any trim around that matches mine--so I have to replace an entire room, or try to repair. Thoughts on this piece? Worth messing with?

3. Gap between counter and wall

I've got this gap between the countertop and wall, I think it is about 1/4". I can't force the countertop against the wall. What do I do to cover the gap?

4. Crack in cabinet veneer

This crack is right above the only drawer base. Should I try sanding this down and patching it? Or with old, crappy veneer cabinets am I going to screw this up more?

5. Trim not fitting together right

Almost all of the trim in the house has been removed and reattached, and we're left with trim corners that do not match up well. Should I sand, calk and paint these seams?

Thanks so much for any thoughts you've got!

Comments (4)