Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

ideas for a small laundry room

Peke
11 years ago

I have a 8' x 7' laundry room. On one side of the 8' side are side by side W&D on pedestals. That leaves about 36" for a sink cabinet. We are looking at Ticor 4000 to put there. A kitchen sink, but we can put something on the ledge to stand the dog on when we soap her up. It says it needs a 33" cabinet so I think we are covered with 36" available.
The other side will have a floor to ceiling 15" deep cabinet that fits behind the door so we will have plenty of storage. The 7" walls (both) have doors. Wasted space so we will use a 15" deep pantry cabinet we already have

We need countertop space and hanging rods. I know I can put a hanging rod over the sink to drip dry items. I would like a rod over the washer and dryer, but it would be really high to reach. I do not want to lower my w/d.

A counter over the washer and dryer is out because it would be too tall.

So do I need to put a cabinet over the washer and dryer since I have a 15" deep pantry type cabinet already? How can I incorporate a counter and hanging rods?

I thought of one idea....don't know if it would work.

I could put a piano hinge on a folding counter top that sits on top of the sink when it is not in use. It would have to clear the faucet and not hit it on the way down. It would sort of look like one of those old bar tops that lift up and down. I would have to cover it on both sides. The sink is an undermount though. I guess I could put a small piece of granite on it, but it might be heavy.

So if anyone has any thoughts, please help. Thanks! Peke

Comments (3)