Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrismen_gw

Studio ideas

chrismen
11 years ago

HI
I am in the process of buying a small studio apartment to use as a pied terre ( 4 nights a week max) and want to make it more liveable. I have a number ideas but would like peoples views on them and if there are any issues with doing them.

1. I want to move the kitchen � see attached. I am leaning towards proposal 1, as it is 180cm in length and I do not need a full kitchen for my requirements. ( and I am not sure if I could build a conservatory/extension on the courtyard anyway.) Are there any issues for doing this that i need to be aware of?

2, Create a bedroom space � see attached. the main studio space is just under 20ft long and 14 wide. I would like to put in a partition wall of some sort to make it a bedroom. I am concerned that this room will be very boxy ( ie there is no window) are there any ideas to make this room "nicer". I am leaning towards frosted glass sliding doors but am a bit concerned that the light into the room will still be limited (http://www.ikeahackers.net/2010/10/turn-your-studio-apartment-into-1.html)

Any other decorating ideas welcome � roof height is about 8ft so very low, but the flat has a really nice feel about it, especially with the small courtyard.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Comments (2)