Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Spry Aunt Jenny's Refr. Molasses Cookies Recipe

Posted by juleshgn (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 22:14

Growing up, my grandmother would make molasses cookies each Christmas. However, since she passed away, I haven't been able to figure out the recipe. The cookies are a cutout recipe not drop. I recently came across something of her's where she had listed recipe sources. It said "Refr. Molasses Cookies - Spry Aunt Jenny's Cookbook." However, I don't have the book. If anyone could share this recipe, I would appreciate it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Spry Aunt Jenny's Refr. Molasses Cookies Recipe

--Here it is-- REFRIGERATOR MOLASSES COOKIES BY AUNT JENNY-- 1 cup Spry 1 cup molases 1 cup brown sugar 1 egg 4 cups flour 1 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon soda 2 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon cloves Mix Spry,molasses, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat and boil 2 minutes. Cool to luke-warm...add egg and beat well...sift dry ingredients together add to molasses and blend well. Pack firmly in sprycoated 8x8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Chill in frig overnight. Slice dough 1/8 inch thick and cut cookies desired length. Place on greased cookie sheet.Sprinkle with sugar before baking. 350 oven 10 minutes...makes 8 doz glad I could help Paula

o
RE: LOOKING for: Spry Aunt Jenny's Refr. Molasses Cookies Recipe

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here