Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

RECIPE: How do you like your peanut butter sandwich??

glenda_al
15 years ago

Not a peanut butter and jelly person!

Post your favorite ways!

Peanut butter with mayo and a slice of pineapple.

Peanut butter on wheat with slices of crispy bacon

AND peanut butter with mashed bananas! Don't like sliced bananas on mine!

Only way I eat pb and jelly, is to mix grape jelly and pb in a bowl until it is all blended together and then spread on bread slice!

Comments (31)

• CA Kate z9
    15 years ago

Peanut Butter and butter on white bread. OR Peanut Butter scooped on a soup spoon and eaten like a lollypop..... all with chocolate milk, of course.

• snowball
    15 years ago

Ok
    I like peanut butter and jelly on white, wheat or other
    Usually not grape though
    on toast with most any jelly
    peanut butter and sliced bananas
    peanut butter and bananas grilled
    and we mustn't forget honey
    guess I'm a boring person never tried it with bacon
    or other stuff
    sheila

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Peanut butter & pickles on white bread isn't as bad as it sounds. :)

• caliloo
    15 years ago

I haven't had one in decades... but I went through a food phase where my fav was PB, mustard and bologna on white. NOt sure if I could eat one now though LOL!

Alexa

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Peanut butter, sliced banana, and a slight drizzle of honey over the banana. Yum! If you have to have mayo on your pb and banana sandwich, you can spread some on the top slice of bread....but only a thin smear please.

• the_white_rabbit
    15 years ago

Peanut butter spread on a slice of bologna and then rolled up.

I haven't had one for a couple of years but when I was a kid my mom made them for me and called them "loney roll-ups"

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

Peanut butter and sour cherry preserves on white.

Nancy

• annova914
    15 years ago

I'm boring - I love peanut butter and black raspberry jam on good white bread. but my husband eats peanut butter with pickles and onions which I can't bare to look at.

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

Crunchy Peanut butter & mayo and crisp bacon on toast! YUM!

• shambo
    15 years ago

Natural peanut butter; one slice of bread spread with cream cheese; the other slice spread with real butter. And absolutely no jam, jelly, or honey!

• podboy333
    15 years ago

I do not post often but I just have to chime in to say that I thought my Dad was odd because he mentioned peanut butter with cheese or (maybe and a bit of real butter), I was giving him a hard time about that but I guess more then a few like the odd peanut butter sandwich.

Mine are boring, natural peanut butter (almost always) sometimes i get the craving for the bad stuff (creamy jiff) and marshmellow fluff, Love PB and Hunny, Either that or is it strawberry jelly or preserves. I also like to go use the grind your own peanut butter machine and make Honey Roasted Peanut Butter.

• ltcollins1949
    15 years ago

Crunchy peanut butter with Claussen garlic pickles on whole wheat bread. I hate sweets, so the pickles are my choice!

• annainpa
    15 years ago

Any good white or wheat bread spread with good butter spread with Jif crunchy or creamy and black raspberry or peach or other good jam.

• chaplainkent
    15 years ago

My six -year-old grandson makes his peanut butter sandwiches with sprinkles. He decorates each slice with multi colors and multi sizes folds them over and crunches away.

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking with grandpa

• sissyfran
    15 years ago

Peanut butter and butter on soft white bread.
    For our "tea parties" with the little ones, my sil would make peanut butter and maple syrup. Oh they were soooo good but so rich.

• gourd_friends
    15 years ago

We recently started attending a different church and have noticed at a few gatherings, there is always a bowl of peanut butter mixed with pancake syrup. It is spread on a slice of white bread and folded, and handed to you as you go through the buffet line. (usually at soup suppers and small group gatherings) It seems to be one of their happy little traditions everyone enjoys!

Jan

• carol_in_california
    15 years ago

I like peanut butter on buttered wheat bread with thick slices on Maui onions. They taste good anywhere but are best eaten on a lanai overlooking the ocean on Maui.

• missd_2008
    15 years ago

I like to mix the peanut butter and grape jelly together and then spread on white bread. Then I grill it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. It is delicious.

• charlie39
    15 years ago

2friends and I get together every Monday morning for coffee. We always order an english muffin. 2 of us order dry and the other one wants lots of butter. We get peanut butter on the side. 1 uses the tradional grape jelly and 2 of use orange marmalade. It is the best!! I also use the
    peanut butter and orange marmalade at home on regular toast.

• donnalovesblue
    15 years ago

OMG, what an interesting thread! Never would I have imagined PB with onions, pickles, mayo or other combos! Guess I'm a purist, or boring...I love PB and strawberry preserves on white bread only!

Many years ago, when my daughter graduated from baby food to "people" food, I made her a pb and jelly sandwich. She hated it and still to this day as a Mom herself, hates it! She likes pb and she likes jelly, but just not together as a sandwich!

BTW Carol in CA...ANYTHING would taste good eaten on a lanai in Maui!!!!!

• roselin32
    15 years ago

Gourd_friends, I think that "recipe" is in one of my Amish cookbooks. Will have to look and see. I know I have seen it before and thought it sounded interesting.
    RL~

• roselin32
    15 years ago

Here is the peanut butter spread I was thinking about:
    Amish Peanut Butter Spread
    2c brown sugar
    1c water
    2T light Karo Syrup
    2c smooth peanut butter
    2c marshmallow fluff
    1/4 tsp maple or vanilla ext.
    Heat brown sugar, water, and corn syrup stirring well til boiling. Remove from heat and cool
    Eombine peanut butter and fluff in mixing bowl and add cooled sugar mixture on top. Add flavoring and beat with mixer til smooth.

• gardenguru1950
    15 years ago

Natural smooth peanut butter, sliced bananas and pineapple-mango or apricot-pineapple or apricot-mango preserves. On white.

Joe

• jude31
    15 years ago

Thanks to my DD, it's peanut butter, jelly and potato chips. The crispiness of the chips adds a whole 'nother dimension.

• gardenguru1950
    15 years ago

I just remembered a breakfast sandwich recipe that I picked up from Sunset magazine many years ago.

Peanut butter, thick slice of ripe tomato (nicely salted) and crispy bacon.

It's unbelievably good. You really have to try it.

Joe

• teotiki
    15 years ago

A friend introduced me to this sandwich.. two slices of seven grain bread, peanut butter and lettuce in the middle. Sounds strange but it's surprisingly good. Very refreshing. I like the sounds of yours Joe, gonna have to try that soon.

• spyro
    15 years ago

peanut butter and Nutella on soft white bread, spread with butter and fried until toasted.

• KatieC
    15 years ago

With a light whole grain bread, pb and whatever jelly/jam/preserves are open, preferably strawberry or apricot-pineapple.

And every now and then I take a stroll down memory lane with a chunky, whole grain bread, pb, honey, banana, raisins and sprouts.

I made fluffernutters once and was surprised that I didn't like them much. Maybe whole grain bread wasn't the thing to use with marshmallow cream.

• trudymom
    15 years ago

On the cooking channel today, Paula Deen put peanut butter on both slices of the bread, banana in the middle, put butter on the other side and cooked it on the cooktop like a grilled cheese sandwich. Looked good.

• gininmn
    15 years ago

Another strange one but I love it: A slice of whole grain wheat bread, nice thick spread of peanut butter (I like Skippy Superchunk) then covered with thick slices of ice cold radish.

• whenicit
    15 years ago

Crunchy peanut butter & honey on soft white bread.
    Hubby likes pb & miracle whip on white toast.
    Son likes peanut butter on a spoon.
    Other son likes pb & j on a tortilla...

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x