Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Question about Red Velvet Cake

Posted by kimc444 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 10, 06 at 22:08

I was watching the Food Network today and Paula Dean's sons (can't remember their names) went to this bakery where they made red velvet cupcakes-- they looked delicious! I thought this was a fun twist on just the cake and cute for Christmas time too with the white icing and red and green sprinkles!

So my question is, can I just use a red velvet cake recipe to make the cupcakes, or is there anything you would typically adjust when making cupcakes from a cake recipe?

Thanks!
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Question about Red Velvet Cake

Just bake the cake batter in cupcake pans....and adjust the cooking time....about 18 to 20 minutes should be right....at least it would be in my oven.
Linda C

o
RE: LOOKING for: Question about Red Velvet Cake

a user friendly recipe you might be interested in is as follows.
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup softened butter
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 tsp.vanilla extract
1 (oz) bottled red food coloring
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk

beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with elec. mixer until fluffy,add eggs , one at a time , beat just until yellow disappears , stir in vanilla and food coloring until blended.

combine flour ,cocoa and salt , add to shortening mixture
alternatly with milk beggining and ending with flour mixture, beating just until blended.
spoon batter into greased and flowered cake pan.
bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here