Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

RECIPE: Help! Flan

glenda_al
9 years ago

Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this recipe and I plan to make it, Christmas Eve and serve Christmas Day.

I'm so nervous, have never made one, and need someone to critique this recipe, please.

It was absolutely delicious, and she served it in a single dish, but I am a first time flan maker and she's out of state so I cannot talk to her again.

Rosa's Spanish Flan
1 can evaporated milk
1 can condensed milk
4 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all together and place in refrigerator while you start caramelizing the sugar

For caramel It really depends on how much syrup you would like; but to keep it basic you can use 6 to 8 cups of water, 2.5 to 3 cups of sugar. Boil until it starts thickening, when it turns into a caramel color, pour into oven safe container. Swirl around the sides of the container to a height of more or less 2 inches. Let it rest until the caramel hardens then pour in the flan mix. Cook In a water bath at 325 degrees for 2.5 hours or until fully cooked. To check if its fully cooked, insert a knife in the center of the flan. If it comes out clean, it's done. Let it cool down and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts