Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flyonawall_gw

LOOKING for: T & T peanut butter chicken

FLYONAWALL
17 years ago

My sister and I were at a chinese resturant today and we had "peanut butter chicken". It was very good....excellent! The "sauce" on the chicken sorta seemed to be mixed with something but I have not idea what? Honey? and it had "roasted...I think?" peanuts on top that seemed to be toasted in "brown sugar?" ....sorta sweet? OMG it was so good I just wanna go in the kitchen and brown some chicken and throw some crunchy peanut butter on it to improvise! Thanks if you can help me!

Comments (2)

• caliloo
    17 years ago

The only Peanut Butter Chicken I can think of is a Chicken Sate.

I like this recipe from Bon Appetit - you can make it with all the or just the chicken if you prefer....

CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND BEEF SATES WITH PEANUT SAUCE

There's something for everyone in this traditional specialty. Don't forget to soak the bamboo skewers before using them.

For Saté:
    1 cup teriyaki sauce
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    24 medium uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
    1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips

1 1/4 pounds beef skirt steak, cut into 3x1/2-inch strips, or filet mignon, cut into 3 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips

36 (about) bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes

Banana leaves or ornamental kale

Lime slices

For peanut sauce:
    1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
    1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
    2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
    1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
    Lime peel julienne

Hibiscus or gardenia flowers (optional)

For saté: Combine first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish, Stir until sugar dissolves. Add shrimp, chicken and beef; stir to coat. Cover; chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Remove shrimp, chicken and beef from marinade. Thread on separate skewers, using about 3 shrimp per skewer and 2 beef or chicken pieces per skewer. Place on platter. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill skewered meats until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Line large platter with banana leaves. Place sauce in bowl in center of platter. Surround with skewers. Garnish with lime and flowers, if desired, and serve.

For peanut sauce:
    Place peanut butter in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually mix in chicken broth. Add all remaining ingredients except lime peel. Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick, about 6 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, stir over medium heat until hot, thinning with water if necessary.) Pour sauce into bowl and garnish with lime peel. Makes about 3 cups.

Serves 8.

Bon Appétit
    August 1992

• FLYONAWALL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much Caliloo!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022