Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annova914

LOOKING for: White Cake Frosting

annova914
16 years ago

I plan to make a white French vanilla cake using 2 (9") pans and I'm interested in making a frosting that would be slightly different from buttercream. I found this one a while back. If I doubled it would it be enough for 2 layers? Has anyone made a frosting similar to this? I had a slice of cake from Chantal's Bakery in Sterling, VA a few years ago (they called it the White Chocolate Mousse Cake I think) and it was out of this world. I'm trying to recreate that frosting and think maybe I need to include some whipped cream in this?

White Chocolate Frosting

Servings: Frosts 12 cupcakes

Comments:

This is a delicious and very tasty basic white frosting for cupcakes. Use the best quality white chocolate you can find such as Valrhona, Callebaut, Lindt or Scharffen Berger, to name a few.

Ingredients:

4 1/2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped

1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick/3 oz./85g) unsalted butter, softened

Pinch of salt

Instructions:

1. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.

2. Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the butter and salt and beat until smooth. Stir in the cooled white chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to frost the cupcakes, about 30 minutes.

Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes.

Source: DianaÂs Recipes website

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County