o
LOOKING for: bacon wrapped mini sausages with brown sugar

Posted by craftyrn (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 21:29

need particulars-- oven temp, time etc. Anyone ever done these ? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: bacon wrapped mini sausages with brown sugar

With pre-cooked sausage I'd use 400 degrees and check after 10 min. to see if bacon is crisp.
May need another 5 min.

o

I've done them at 350 for 20-25 minutes watching to make sure the sugar doesn't burn.

o

Thanks Ladies-- my oldest grandson asked if I would do these for our family Christmas gathering-- & now Gramma won't disappoint !

Diane
Oh & Ginger do I parboil them to get rid of some of the grease before they're wrapped & baked?

o

I guess you could or just have them on a rack so they're not swimming. LOL

o

Do you think they would travel well? I want to make them and take to a party, we would be driving about 40 minutes to the party. I don't think the oven will be available there.
I could put them in a preheated crock pot to travel if necessary after they come out of the oven at home.

o

I know you don't need this anymore, Diane, but I just happened to come across this on another site and so here it is FYI.

Take a package of Little Smokie mini sausages, wrap each in a half strip of bacon, secure with a toothpick and place side by side in a baking pan. Sprinkle with dark brown sugar and bake at 375F for 30 minutes. So Good!! Vilcat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here