Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chervil2

LOOKING for: Grape Jelly with Splenda

chervil2
15 years ago

I made two batches and was disappointed. I used four cups of Wild Concord Grape Juice which is naturally high in pectin. I followed a no sugar recipe on a box of Pomona's Universal Pectin. I heated the grape juice with 4 teaspoons of calcium water. After the grape juice reached boiling, I mixed in 4 cups of Splenda for baking and 4 teaspoons of pectin powder. I was not happy with the texture nor the flavor. The jelly was rubbery and the flavor was not great. I have made wild grape jelly for over 10 years using a 1:1 ratio with white sugar with fantastic results. However, my diabetic friends can not enjoy the jelly. Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Comment (1)

• User
    15 years ago

I've tried making jam several times with Splenda and was quite disappointed with the results. I now buy the Smuckers jams and jellies - they make low sugar and sugar free, and both are pretty good.

You might try half sugar, half Splenda and see if that works better. 6.5 grams of carbs isn't going to throw them into a diabetic coma. FYI, a tablespoon of regular grape jelly has 13 grams of sugar.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES