Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamhouse1_gw

looking for: hashbrown casserole without canned soup

dreamhouse1
14 years ago

Anyone have a t&t? I do not care for canned soups, especially creamed soups in casseroles. I have a vegetarian coming for Christmas morning....cheese is fine, no meat, though.

TIA

Comments (4)

• User
    14 years ago

Just use the sour cream and not the soup then. You can use some veg broth with it.

• woodie
    14 years ago

These are very good. (Marilyn make them with real potatoes, I am the one who cheats and uses frozen.)

Marilyn's Party Potatoes

6 medium potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
    2 cups sour cream
    1/2 pound grated Velveeta or any cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste
    3 tablespoons milk
    1 teaspoon snipped chives
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 cup coarse bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons melted butter

Boil potatoes in salted water with skin on until tender; cool slightly, peel and cool completely. Grate potatoes coarse. Butter a casserole dish and mix potatoes with sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, milk, chives and Worcestershire. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top of potatoes, drizzle with butter (or mix 1 cup corn flake crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter); bake 1 hour at 350°

• kaelkriver
    14 years ago

Here's another one - just omit the meat. It's very good and very easy.

Egg Scramble

10 Tbsp of butter
    1 ½ cup of chopped onion
    3 cups of chopped ham (could use sausage or bacon)
    6 Tbsp of chopped green pepper
    12 eggs
    2 cups shredded cheese
    ¾ cups of ½ and ½
    ¼ tsp salt
    Pepper to taste
    2 Â 12 oz packages of frozen hash browns or 1 large (thawed)
    2 Tbsp of melted butter to put on top
    Cook onion, pepper in butter until soft. Add ham. Beat eggs, cheese, salt, pepper and cream together by spoon. Add onions, green pepper, ham, and hashed browns into the egg mixture. Put into 9 x 13 pan.

Stop  you can leave in the refrigerator overnight.

When ready put in preheated 375-degree oven and bake 30-40 minutes. Stir a couple of times during baking period. DO NOT OVERCOOK. You want it creamy, not dry looking.

Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

• Ming21
    13 years ago

I acquired this compound from a friend similar, but a little different. pass4sure 70-400 Instead of the chrism of craven soup, pass4sure 70-647 use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of beef broth; aswell add a birr of garlic crumb and 2 table spoons of butter. Baker assortment browns, onions, and division to aftertaste in a skillet. pass4sure 70-297 You will charge to add a little adulate or oil, baker until the assortment browns are tender, and brown. Drain the assortment browns and set aside. Again mix calm cheese and chrism of craven soup in a abstracted basin Add assortment browns to mixture, pass4sure 9A0-095 again alteration into a buttered 2 qt.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!