Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Cranberry Oat Bars

Posted by becky_ca (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 08 at 19:44

I had these a couple of weeks ago at a friend's cookie exchange party. I made some last week, and they're a hit here too. I think they'd also be good with some chopped nuts added to the filling.

Becky

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry Oat Bars

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup butter -- softened
1 cup brown sugar -- packed
2 cups quick cooking oats -- uncooked
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour -- divided
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine butter and brown sugar; stir in oats, 1 1/2 cups flour and baking soda until crumbly. Press half the mixture into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan, setting remaining half aside; bake at 350F until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Mix remaining ingredients together; spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture on top; bake 25 to 30 additional minutes. Cool completely. Slice into bars to serve.

Source:
"Kathi Downey"
Yield:
"3 dozen"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cranberry Oat Bars

Those sound really good. I have a bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer. Do you think I could sub fresh ones for the dried?

seagrass

o
RE: RECIPE: Cranberry Oat Bars

Hmmm, I'm not sure, but I think they'd end up too soggy from the extra moisure in the cranberries.

Becky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here