Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Something Lobster to go with Beef Tenderloin

Posted by caminnc (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 27, 10 at 19:08

I want to fix a very special birthday dinner for my DIL who I love dearly. She loves lobster. So I was thinking something lobster to go with beef tenderloin I already have. We are from the south and I can tell you how to fix any other seafood but I don't know much about lobster. If I were to buy a couple of small live lobster here could I make a soup or bisque that would go good with tenderloin? Any ideas including lobster would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Something Lobster to go with Beef Tenderloin

caminnic, this forum doesn't see a lot of action.

Try posting this over on the Cooking Forum. It is a very active forum and I know that many of the posters are lobster lovers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum

o

caminnic, do you have a Fresh Market near you? I'm in Tn and our FM has 2 lobster tails advertised thru the 4th (I think) for $15. I've never cooked lobster, either but I'm thinking about picking up a couple.

Good luck.

jude

o

Thanks to you both. Yes we do have FM here and I see the Lobster is on sale thru the 4th. Her birthday is the 7th, will it still be fresh? I guess if I make some sort of soup it will still be good.

o

If they are frozen lobster tails you can bring them home and put them in your freezer. Do not buy lobster on the 4th to cook on the 7th if it is fresh or has been thawed.

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here