Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Polish cookie? Not sure, but raisin, walnut, non-ri

Posted by tamster (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 19:04

Can anyone out there help me? I'm looking for a recipe for a cookie my ex's mom made around the holidays. I can't call her and ask her for it. (c: She was Polish, and I thought she said the recipe was too, but no guarantee. This was a long time ago.

It was a flat cookie made of regular and golden raisins (boiled so they were soft), and I think it had crushed walnuts in it, with a flat, almost crispy or "pecan sandy"-ish make up. It was not an oatmeal cookie, and it didn't rise at all. I can't remember if they were rolled and cut or not, but I think they were. Not quite a shortbread. There's my challenge -- any recommendations? Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Polish cookie? Not sure, but raisin, walnut, no

Was she Jewish?
Could it be a form of Hamantashen?
Linda C

o

Rugelach?

o

I've never seen flat Hamantaschen or Rugelach.

o

Polish Tea cookies???????????

o

The rugelach recipe I have is flattish- you roll out the pastry, spread the fillling over it and enclose the pastry over it, then cut the resulting wide, flattish log into slices for baking. It doesn't get more than 3/4"-1" high in the middle. Sort of biscotti shaped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here